Interested in trying transit?
If you live or work in San Mateo County, or if your commute takes you through San Mateo County, you could be eligible for free tickets to try SamTrans, Caltrain, or San Francisco Bay Ferry. In order to qualify you must:
*Be at least 18 years old
* Commute at least two times per week
* Not currently use public transit
* Apply for tickets on a transit mode that is practical for your commute
* Only receive one incentive per household
Simply complete a short application form and we’ll send you free tickets from the transit agency of your choice (subject to availability and qualification):
Public transit is a great option for commuters. When you use public transportation you can:
- Save thousands of dollars a year in auto expenses (gas, insurance, maintenance, tolls, etc.)
- Work or relax during your commute and reduce your stress
- Use the new found time to read, talk with friends, or get some work done
- Get to work and get home on time regardless of the weather and freeway traffic
- Help reduce pollution and overcrowded roads
- Use pre-tax dollars to pay for your public transportation expenses
Please note that this program is for one Try Transit incentive, per household, and only while tickets are available.