New tool for Commuters and Employers
We are offering commuters and employers in San Mateo County a tool to help them increase the use of alternative transportation, reduce traffic and parking stress, and increase air quality by using the new my.commute.org tool powered by RideAmigos.
We encourage everyone to try out the tool by logging on to my.commute.org and creating an account. The tool is great for individual commuters but can also be used by employers as well. Below you'll see the benefits that are available to commuters and employers.
Commuters will find helpful resources to navigate the new platform under ‘FAQ’ in the platform. However, we have highlighted a few of the most commonly asked questions here.
- Track Your Impact & Get Rewarded: Users may track their trip choices to see the impact on their costs and local environment, receive rewards, and compete with fellow residents and employees your area. By tracking travel choices in a diary, users will receive digital badges that can be shared on social media for actions such as “first alternative trip logged” or “first bicycle trip.” Top performers for each travel mode will also be displayed on a digital leaderboard. Tracking trips may also enter a user in a contest or campaign.
- Explore Your Transportation Options: My Commute.org will provide a range of travel options for a user’s trip and the impacts associated with each choice. This will help the user to make an informed decision about their trip.
- Match Your Trip with Others (carpool, vanpool and more): Save time, money and reduce your impact by finding fellow residents and employees taking similar trips to match a trip with. Simply set your origin and destination for a regular or one-time trip. My Commute.org will match the user with others who have a similar travel plan. Users can search and view potential trip matches that are based upon a specific radius from the origin, destination and along the route. Once an original search has been entered, users are able to easily modify their search, save it for later, or go back and review their recent searches. Users should save and share trips as "favorites" so others can match with them.
If your company would like to use this platform at your worksite, we have an option to create a network solely for your company and employees. If you are interested in learning more, please contact us.
Key features available to an employer network include:
- Commuter Trip Planner Don’t let your commuters miss out on any commute options again. Help them use all available modes of transportation, including ridesharing, vanpooling, transit, bus, biking, and walking.
- Interactive Commuter Dashboard Provide users with the most important information all in one place, including trip logging, personal statistics, virtual badges, leaderboards, challenges, and more.
- Gamification, Challenges & Incentives Empower and excite your commuters by creating fun challenges and rewarding incentive programs based on any criteria.
- Connected Transportation Tracking Apps The CommuteTracker by RideAmigos smartphone app allows users to easily log their trips. The automatic commute logging feature keeps track of different transportation modes and provides the kind of verifiable data that’s most useful for administrators. Users can also connect Scoop, Waze Carpool, and Strava to their my.commute.org profiles.
- Data Analysis & Reporting Gain instant and unlimited access to all your data, such as system registration, trip logs, carpool usage, or surveys. Graphs, GIS cluster mapping, and export options make it easy to put platform data to work.
- Event Travel Planning Give event attendees the power of choice using our trip planning and ridesharing options tailored specifically for the needs of special event organizers and producers.
- Sub-Network Creation and Management Networks can have multiple sub-networks, including program, organizational, or office park networks. Flexible options include assigning administrators, privacy settings, and domain-level membership.