Slide - my.Commute.org
Log Your Trips and Be Rewarded.
Be a part of the solution because your commute counts.
Slide - Shuttle
Rethink Your Commute.
Ride a Commute.org shuttle to or from transit.
Slide - Try Transit
Rethink Your Commute. Try Transit.
Use Caltrain, BART, or Ferry to get to San Mateo County.
Slide - Bike
Rethink Your Commute. Ride a Bike.
Ride a bike for part or all of your commute.
Slide - Train
Rethink Your Commute.
Catch up on work or grab a nap on your way.
Slide - Traffic
Rethink Your Commute.
Who wants to deal with the hassles of traffic?
C/CAG Launches $1,000,000 Carpool Incentive Program
The City/County Association of Governments of San Mateo County (C/CAG) has launched a pilot program to encourage San Mateo County residents and commuters who work in San Mateo County to use carpools during peak travel periods. The Carpool In San Mateo County! program leverages carpooling apps to increase local carpool ridership. Commuters are able to save time, money, and the environment through the Carpool In San Mateo County! program.
Foster City Encourages Residents to Consider Alternative Transportation
The City of Foster City recently announced the video release of "Foster City Alternative Transportation." This video spotlights the many modes of transportation available to everyone who lives or works in Foster City.
2017 Commuter Challenge Results
The 2017 Commuter Challenge is over, but you can still make a difference and earn the opportunity to win great prizes. Challenge participants will be receiving a survey in June. Please take a few minutes to give us feedback. Let us know what we can do to make the Challenge even better in 2018!
Become a Commute STAR at my.commute.org!
1. Register or login at my.commute.org
2. Use the trip planner to discover your commute options.
3. Go to your dashboard and log your trips for a chance to win prizes.
Employer eNews June 2017
Valuable information for San Mateo County employers (click here to view online). In this issue:
- Final Results from the 2017 Commuter Challenge
- Meet the Grand Prize Winners
New tool for Commuters and Employers
We are offering commuters and employers in San Mateo County a tool to help them increase the use of alternative transportation, reduce traffic and parking stress, and increase air quality by using the new my.commute.org tool powered by RideAmigos (UNITY Platform Overview Video).
We encourage everyone to try out the tool by logging on to my.commute.org and creating an account. The tool is great for individual commuters but can also be used by employers as well. Below you'll see the benefits that are available to commuters and employers.
Commuters will find helpful resources to navigate the new platform under ‘FAQ’ in the platform. However, we have highlighted a few of the most commonly asked questions here.
- Track Your Impact & Get Rewarded: Users may track their trip choices to see the impact on their costs and local environment, receive rewards, and compete with fellow residents and employees your area. By tracking travel choices in a diary, users will receive digital badges that can be shared on social media for actions such as “first alternative trip logged” or “first bicycle trip.” Top performers for each travel mode will also be displayed on a digital leaderboard. Tracking trips may also enter a user in a contest or campaign.
- Explore Your Transportation Options: My Commute.org will provide a range of travel options for a user’s trip and the impacts associated with each choice. This will help the user to make an informed decision about their trip.
- Match Your Trip with Others (carpool, vanpool and more): Save time, money and reduce your impact by finding fellow residents and employees taking similar trips to match a trip with. Simply set your origin and destination for a regular or one-time trip. My Commute.org will match the user with others who have a similar travel plan. Users can search and view potential trip matches that are based upon a specific radius from the origin, destination and along the route. Once an original search has been entered, users are able to easily modify their search, save it for later, or go back and review their recent searches. Users should save and share trips as "favorites" so others can match with them.
If your company would like to use this platform at your worksite, we have an option to create a network solely for your company and employees. If you are interested in learning more, please contact us.
Key features available to an employer network include:
- Commuter Trip Planner Don’t let your commuters miss out on any commute options again. Help them use all available modes of transportation, including ridesharing, vanpooling, transit, bus, biking, and walking.
- Interactive Commuter Dashboard Provide users with the most important information all in one place, including trip logging, personal statistics, virtual badges, leaderboards, challenges, and more.
- Gamification, Challenges & Incentives Empower and excite your commuters by creating fun challenges and rewarding incentive programs based on any criteria.
- Connected Transportation Tracking Apps (coming soon) Using an integrated smartphone app, the RideAmigos platform allows users to easily log their trips. The automatic commute logging feature keeps track of different transportation modes and provides the kind of verifiable data that’s most useful for administrators.
- Data Analysis & Reporting Gain instant and unlimited access to all your data, such as system registration, trip logs, carpool usage, or surveys. Graphs, GIS cluster mapping, and export options make it easy to put platform data to work.
- Event Travel Planning Give event attendees the power of choice using our trip planning and ridesharing options tailored specifically for the needs of special event organizers and producers.
- Sub-Network Creation and Management Networks can have multiple sub-networks, including program, organizational, or office park networks. Flexible options include assigning administrators, privacy settings, and domain-level membership.